From: EN [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 1:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] How to force RID master change

MessageIm searching the knowledgebase,but I thought maybe someone had
something
I could use here as well.

Well, one of my DCs just died, hard drive failed completely.  Fine.
I have another DC, but now I can't change the RID role.  I could change the
GC, PDC and infrastructure,
but the RID master can't be changed, and it states on the tab "server is
offline.  Can't change roles"
What's the best way to force the change?
Thanks

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential.  The information is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  Any review,
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail communication by others is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately by returning this message to the sender and delete all copies.  Thank you
for your cooperation.
List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm