Erick,

Joe makes a good point -- password expiration policy is global.

However, you can avoid the rush of everyone's passwords expiring at once
with the following process:

  1) enable global password expiration, but set the interval really long.

  2) run a batch file nightly to expire a small group of users.  This
     "primes the pump" by getting users to have unique expiration
     schedules.

  3) when you've got everyone to change their password once, shorten the
     global policy.

I don't think we've run into any Win2K shops that had this problem, but we
(vendor: M-Tech, product: P-Synch) have worked with some customers to do a
gradual activation of reasonable expiration interval on WinNT domains using
this process.

Good luck!

-- Idan

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm