-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 11:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] scripting admin

I say Perl...

The activestate dist is great. I am not aware of anything off the top of
my head you can do in vbscript that you can't do in perl. You may want
to learn enough vbscript to convert vbscripts others have written to
perl.

Overall for really simple things vbscript may be easier at first glance,
but as the complexity rises vbscript shows its issues and perl starts to
shine.

Grab Robbie Allen's AD Cookbook which has some perl in it, also his
Managing Enterprise Active Directory Services has quite a bit of perl in
it. Most everything I tend to post here in terms of scripts and do in
general is perl.

  joe

http://www.joeware.net   (download joeware)
http://www.cafeshops.com/joewarenet  (wear joeware)