Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Bell, Stephen
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2004 18:09
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: [ActiveDir] Variables allowed for creating home folders

My question is this.  Is there a variable that I can use when creating user home directories that will resolve to the “User Logon Name” just as &username& resolves to the samaccount name or “Pre Windows 2000 User Logon Name” field?

Background:

Normally what I use when creating home directories (actually allowing AD to make them I should say) is (location)\&username& and this creates the home directory using the name shown in the “Pre Windows 2000 User Logon Name” field (actually the samaccount name I believe).

Do to a change in naming conventions I would like to adjust that.  The new naming convention is the “Pre Windows 2000 User Logon Name” field will be a number such as 12345 while the “User Logon Name” will be the users name.  I would prefer to have the home directories name be a little more readable rather than have people having to remember their number.

This is only an issue when going though the GUI.  I’ve all ready got the script that I use to make users in batch mode converted over.  I just took the UPN name and stripped off everything after the @ character and used that to name the home directories.

Thanks for any help!

Steve