All,

We are in the process of testing security templates on a new windows 2003 domain model and there is one attribute I am having trouble putting a value on. The particular node is the Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options/Interactive Login/Number of previous logins to cache (In case a domain controller is unavailable). I have a template for workstations and this value is set to 0 logins. For laptops I have another template and this is the one I am having trouble with I am unsure what value to put on this.

We have numerous users who are at our remote sites on laptops and they do not log onto the domain for weeks at a time...this would however never exceed a 30 day period. What would you advise I set this value to. I suppose what I am asking is if I set this value to 1 does this only allow one login or one users cached profile infinitely however subject to other settings eg. password age etc.

Thanks.

James