yep, this is related to the installation of MS04-011 on XP clients - you shouldn't see this bug on other machines.  I had mentioned it before when I reported of a related issue, where MS04-011 causes Win2000 DCs to FAIL registration of certain SRV records.

have a look at

and

\Guido

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Fuller, Stuart
Sent: Donnerstag, 3. Juni 2004 23:46
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] SRV Record registration by Non-DC's

Yes... very occasionally... in the _msdcs\dc\_tcp zone.

Have not been able to trace them down to a common issue/application/problem.  One possible culprit was the Citrix Management Console on a couple of Citrix admin workstations.  We end up looking at the DNS records every week and deleting the ones that shouldn't be there.

We have even thought about scripting something to check for appropriate records.  The idea of scripting some type of autocheck for proper SRV records was kicked around on the list recently.

-Stuart