I want to create a new site within my AD (Server 2003) to help guide particular subnet clients to closeby servers.  While I have done this before when our forest was Windows 2000, the current Active Directory Sites and Services GUI seems to be throwing me for a "chicken and egg" loop:

1) while creating a new site "D", it asks to identify an existing site link.  I have two: one that defines the main site A with remote site B; and one that defines the main site A with remote site C.  Neither seem to be correct but I MUST pick one to continue.

2) If I try to create a new site link (must pick two) that would describe the new connection, I can't since the new site doesn't exist yet!

I must be missing something very simple.  This shouldn't be a difficult task.  Thanks for any help!

Mike Thommes