From: Manjeet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 28 June 2004 3:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Outlook 2003 attachment blocking

James,

Actually my problem is my company main businness is data conetenting. So we have to send the file with attachment .$$$ to the various customer on dialy basis.

Yes  we are following the file extension solution as you said,   but due this our non technical user and the end customer is not haapy with this. because they are facing problems in renamin and sending and again renaming.

and the second thing the cutomer do not want to rename the files which he recieved because the no of file attachment are hundred in no. on daily basis.

So i am looking for a permanent solution

Regrads

Manjeet

ginenergy.com.au wrote:

Manjeet,

Purely from a security perspective I would advise that you leave the default Outlook Level 1 security enabled and train your users to zip (or alternate compression format) or rename the file extensions to an "allowed" format e.g. *.123, you could even remove the file extension temporarily.

James