Title: [ActiveDir] NTP server

Hi Russ,

Yes – you’ll have to configure the PDC-Emulator of the Rootdomain only and reconfigure machines that were configured otherwise to use the default domain behaviour to receive the time again.

Here’s the domain behaviour in a short NG answer I wrote recently:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=uHjA0eWaEHA.2516%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl

You’ll be able to find Stratum 1 Timeserver to use on this website:

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock1a.html

And what I forgot to mention in the NG:

Sometimes I’ve seen that a DC which was configured to use another behaviour than NT5DS did not accept the changes of the registry or w32tm command correctly to adjust to the domain behaviour. If this is happening you are able to deregister and register the timeservice again using w32tm /deregister and w32tm /register.

Gruesse - Sincerely,

Ulf B. Simon-Weidner