> I have a new empty forest root (efr.something.com which is W2K3, brand
new and
> I have not set a functional level yet, it's what it would be natively
upon creation).

That would be Win2000 mixed mode at the domain level (which doesn't
support SID-History anyways) and Win2000 mode at the forest level...
but if I read correctly, you don't want to migrate into the existing
root domain anyways

Instead, you want to "migrate to a NOT YET created child domain
(cd1.efr.something.com)"
=> you'll have to turn off SID-Filtering on the trust between THIS (not
yet existing) child domain and your source domain, not the root (as you
SID-Filtering is configured per trust).

To do so, you'll first have to create the child domain, set this domain
to the Win2003 domain functional level (if you don't expect/want any
2000 DCs in this domain), then create the trust and turn off
SIDfiltering on this trust (not from the root).

At last, I expect that the error "The parameter quarantine:No was
unexpected." comes from the fact that you are using the 2003 syntax, but
the source domain is still Windows 2000, wich uses a different syntax
for disabling SID-Filtering:
NETDOM.EXE Trust sourcedom /Domain:targetdom /FilterSIDs NO

/Guido