From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brent Westmoreland
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 10:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Set Preferred DC

I am familiar with open source DHCP products publishing an OpenLdap server and searchbase, but haven’t really looked to the MS product for that.  To my knowledge, the client will perform an rpc call to the local netlogon service thereby calling DSGetDCName and invoking one of two Locators.  Either the DNS or Netbios locator then will work their magic to return the necessary records.  I was hoping that there may be a regkey to preclude this process, but thus far I haven’t found anything.

Thanks

Brent