Brett is fun. :o)

He isn't so much the type that will fish for you or even teach you to fish,
he will throw you a fishing line and let you figure it all out. This can be
troublesome though if you lived in a desert and had never even seen water
let alone a fish. Understanding Tech involved with the AD code specifically,
he is very strong. Understanding Tech as it has to be used in some sites and
locations and operational support concerns, not always so strong. He is very
much like the rest of the Dev team guys which is mostly working in the Dev
this is what you should shoot for world versus the ditches and puddles that
many people end up having to work in. Overall a good guy though. Extremely
entertaining guy to talk to.

On the beefy DC side of things. I don't know, I don't really consider 2GB to
be exceptionally beefy or even 4GB. Not when we have workstations now coming
from the factory with 1GB and 2GB and options to do 4GB. Exceeding 4GB RAM
gets a little unusual and you truly get beefy based on proc Architectures
(say multiproc opteron versus athlon or on the intel side the Xeon versus
the non-Xeon's, etc) and disk subsystems with heavy duty hardware RAID
solutions with oodles of cache and RAID type offerings. We need to go to 64
bit for no better reason than the cost of memory is consistently dropping
and we need good easy ways of dealing with more than 4GB of RAM that doesn't
depend on goofy paging mechanisms.

Finally, I don't recommend /3gb unless you truly need it and all of the
software on the machine properly supports it. It has been long while (years)
but I have seen some odd /3GB failures with apps that didn't properly
implement that functionality due to memory addressing issues. Also obviously
you can't use /3GB with 2K standard, that could cause some fun things to
happen as well, collectively termed as undefined results. No reason to force
the kernel to live in 1GB unless it is required for some other reason which
if I recall can impact some video drivers and other kernel apps that may
need to grab a chunk of address space for some reason.