De : [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] De la part de Rick Kingslan
Envoyé : mercredi 18 mai 2005 16:44
À : ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Objet : RE: [ActiveDir] AD DR - replication lag site

(Caveat - I didn't go read the article.... fairly certain what this is
about)

I've implemented something quite similar to this in my environment - except I
did it quite a bit differently - and, I think that it's a very viable DR and
near-line recovery solution.

What we did in our Enterprise was to standup a VMWare server at our DR site
(VERY well connected - it's a warm site) and created 8 DC instances with repl
schedules from 30 minutes to 1 month.  In the event that we have a BIG problem,
or a small on (we had one of our remote site Admins delete his whole computers
OU for his site) we are able to do an authoritative restore (or a non-auth,
then auth, depending on circumstances) to correct a problem of this type.

Me, personally - I sleep much better knowing that I have this system in place.
It works for us, and we also used a similar process to protect us from major
problems during our schema upgrades for Win2k3 and Exchange 2k3 (as well as
Cisco Unity and CallManager).

-rtk