I’ve had good luck finding solutions like this using Google… a ‘hint’ is to use _vbscript_ as a keyword, e.g. _vbscript_ users (“home directories” OR “home folders”) …  Last I looked I found a lot of samples of this kind of thing.  Unfortunately I didn’t capture the one I thought was best… sorry.

Dan

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dan Stanford
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 6:37 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] User account and home directory management

Hi to all on the list.

Forgive me if this subject has been covered, as I am new to the list.  I manage a school network, and one of the issues I face is that an AD user account, the user profile and the user's home directory share are inextricably linked. I need to be able to create users and shares in on go, so that the account is set up, the share and profile created, and permissions set, and the details entered into the AD object.  Does anyone know of any software or scripts that would accomplish this?  I would ideally like to be able to do it for individual users or in bulk.

Thanks in advance,

Dan Stanford.

The contents of this email and any attachments do not necessarily represent the views or policies of Ibstock Place School, its employees or pupils.  They are intended for the confidential use by the named recipient only and may be legally privileged and should not be communicated to, or relied upon by, any other party without our written consent.  Although this message is believed to be virus free, Ibstock Place School does not accept liability for any damage, loss or cost caused by software viruses.  If received in error, please advise the sender immediately and delete all record of it from your system.