-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of mike kline
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 5:21 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] how to allow a specific user to access the
domain from one pc & disallow the others

To allow the user to only logon on to that machine go into their
Account Tab and use the "Log On To" feature and only allow access to
that particular machine.

You could deny everyone else the right to log on locally using a policy.

This is the setting in the GPO

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
Policies\User Rights Assignment

Go into "Log on Locally"  remove "Users, Power Users, and Backup
Operators" then add this particular user.  I would not remove the
administrators but you can do that and just add your account in case
you ever need to access the machine interactively.

Thanks
Mike

On 6/12/05, Sharif Naser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello experts,
>

> I'm setting a kiosk machine, my question is how do I allow a specific
user
> to login  to my domain from only one machine & disallow other users
from
> logging from the same machine.
>

> Regards,
> DISCLAIMER:
> This electronic message transmission contains information from Qatar
Steel
> Company (QASCO)
> which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended
to be
> for the use of
> the individual or entity named above. Be aware that any
disclosure,copying,