From: "TIROA YANN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>; <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 9:32 AM
Subject: RE : [ActiveDir] User privilege on Server.

I will check your blog and SvcUtil right now :)

Thanks for all your feedback and your work.

Cheers,

Yann

________________________________

De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] de la part de joe
Date: dim. 12/06/2005 18:19
À: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Objet : RE: [ActiveDir] User privilege on Server.

I have updated SvcUtil to work within these new confines. If you know the
service name, you can control it and view its status remotely with SvcUtil
now.

Also I determined that the version of SC that comes with SP1 will also do
this. I am not sure if you can copy that file to non-SP1 machines in terms
of licensing but I will say that theoretically you can do this and it will
work.

I put out a little blog entry on this

http://blog.joeware.net/2005/06/12/36/

If you have any tools that you used to previously use to do this
stopping/starting/monitoring of services remotely from non-admin accounts
that no longer work, contact the vendor and let them know they need to
correct the issue and that the correction is not to make the userid an
Admin.

I am going to look at putting something together to modify that ACL, no
promises on time frame. It could be this afternoon or it could three months
from now depending on what I feel like doing and how hard it will be to impl
ement something to do this.

  joe