From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 1:22 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] User SIDs...

A SID of 68 bytes would have the 15 RIDs, which is as far as I can tell
the highest number of RIDs a SID can hold.  There is only 1 byte
reserved in the first 8 bytes of a the SID structure to store the number
of RIDs, so that is basically 15 (since 0 RIDs doesn't do much for you).

Where do these giant SIDs come from?  Most AD SIDs I've seen are 24 or
28 bytes (4 or 5 RIDs respectively).

Joe K.