The original Password Change functionality used HTRs, and there was a buffer
overflow vulnerability in the ISAPI Extension that handled HTRs (ism.dll).
There's a download on the MS Downloads page that substitutes ASP pages:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=331834
Change password functionality replaced with Active Server Pages

Cheers
Ken