From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 20 September 2005 12:26 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Kerberos Delegation

Carlos,

If I understand the situation correctly you are going client -> Sharepoint IIS server -> ISA server. It sounds like you need to pass the client's kerberos credentials all the way to the ISA box. If that is correct, here is what I would try...

Client Browser: IE6SP1 will not negotiate kerberos by default. You need to set the integrated authentication value as detailed in KB299838.

Sharepoint IIS Server: The default Sharepoint install disables kerberos by default (see KB823265 - this is an exchange article but it documents the default sharepoint install behavior). See KB832769 for directions on how to enable kerberos for sharepoint. We did the following to allow the default website to use kerberos:

Cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/1/ntauthenticationproviders “Negotiate,NTLM”

Iisreset

Next, setup the application pool service account to permit delegation (ADU&C) "account is trusted for delegation"

After this, you need to add an SPN to the service account that you setup to run the application pool:

Setspn –A HTTP/fqdnofyourserver yourdomain\youraccount

At this point your client should negotiate kerberos when it connects to the SPS server. You can verify this with kerbtray from the resource kit. You should see a ticket for the application pool service account.

If you connect to the SPS site by any other URLs other than the FQDN (i.e. the netbios name of the server or some other internal namespace URL - sps.app.local, etc) you will need to add additional SPNs to the application pool service account:

Setspn –A HTTP/netbiosservername yourdomain\youraccount

Setspn –A HTTP/sps.app.local yourdomain\youraccount

Again, after you do this you shold be able to access the site by any of the three URLs (server FQDN, server netbios, other namespace URL) and see the ticket for the application pool service account in kerbtray.

In my case the sharepoint server was the endpoint of the connection trail but once you get to the SPS server with kerberos you should be able to hop again to the ISA box.

Hope this helps - it may be a repeat of what you have already done. This is an extract of the doc that I wrote for myself when I had to figure this out. You amy also want to take a peek at the ISA box to see if the ISA install also turned off Kerberos. I don't know about this one because I have never had to look at that one...

Frank