From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Mulnick
Sent: den 31 augusti 2005 14:47
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Domain Password Policies

I have not worked with that tool and know very little about it.

One thing to watch out for are tools that place themselves between the client and the directory.  By that I mean that they extend the directory and it's functionality in such a way that if you were to remove the product later (stop paying maintenance for example) then you lose everything and start again. Some tools work that way, and I don't personally believe they should.

Typically, if you have a different password policy, you need a separate domain to do this natively.

Additionally, I'm not sure why you require a separate set of password policies? Can you expand on that?