You could also just manually add a proxy address to her existing account.  We do this all the time for several alias accounts such as hostmaster, postmaster, and security etc.

You can get more flexibility by creating an account/mailbox, but why bother if it isn't needed.

Bob

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Desmond
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 3:58 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT: Exchange alternate email address

If I understand this correctly, You have Jane Doe ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), and she would like to send mail as suzy que ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

In order to do this, you actually need to create an additional account and mailbox for Suzy Que. You can disable this account, though.

Once the account is created and the RUS has whacked it (e.g. it has an email address), go in the Exchange Advanced tab in ADUC for suzy que, and then into mailbox rights. You want to do two things:

Add Jane Doe on there and give her rights to Send As

In the SELF entry, tick full mailbox access and associated external account.

Thanks,
Brian Desmond

c - 312.731.3132