-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Laura E. Hunter
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:27 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Notes/Domino LDAP

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, I'm going to say that that'll be a
tough compare since Notes/Domino maps much more closely to Exchange and
Groupwise in terms of functionality.  IE, it's a
groupware/messaging/collaboration environment rather than a proper directory
service.  In most cases, in fact, a Notes/Domino environment will run on top
of AD just like Exchange does, though I think you can hook Domino into a
Linux infra as well.

My personal recollection of Domino, though this is from several revs ago,
was that it was close-but-not-quite-so-good as Outlook in terms of being a
cool messaging client, but it gave you more options in terms of
collaboration apps.  (Sharepoint has likely rendered this comparison
obsolete in the intervening years since I was a Notes
admin.)

A quick Google doesn't return what I'd consider a vendor-neutral comparison
of Exchange and Domino, but here's the market-speak from both sides of the
house.  (Maybe compare them and split the difference.  :-)):

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/domino/inotes/compare.html
http://www.lotus.com/lotus/offering1.nsf/wdocs/messagingcompetitive?OpenDocu
ment&cwesite=lotusnotesdom
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/compare/METAEx2k3vNotes.mspx