is there anyway to have these log files save things not by size, but by day to ensure that tracking between the logs can be done? [I'm pretty sure the answer is no, and the only thing we can do is bump the size of those logs but I thought I'd
ask the blonde question anyway]

Yes. There are a variety of auditing, monitoring and log tracking software out there. Quest has one. There's also GFI SELM. One that certainly backs up remote event logs by day is Prism Event Monitor. You can also suck all of the event logs out using OVOW, etc.

Note. All the above is centrally saved, not isolated instances on remote systems.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx