From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Yann
Sent: 15 May 2006 21:49
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re : [ActiveDir] Lag site- disabling auth on Lag DC.

Understood !

We will follow your advices.

Cheers,

Yann

----- Message d'origine ----
De : "Almeida Pinto, Jorge de" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
À : ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Envoyé le : Lundi, 15 Mai 2006, 10h21mn 54s
Objet : RE: [ActiveDir] Lag site- disabling auth on Lag DC.

SRV records....

* make sure the DC only registers the CNAME SRV record which is used for replication
* don't assign the lag site DCs WINS servers, otherwise these will register the 1Ch record in WINS
* make sure the site link cost between the main site and the lag are higher than any other site links that also links to the main site

for the lag to work properly make sure you have at least one DC from each domain, because of eventual cross domain links (e.g. group memberships)

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,
Ing. Jorge de Almeida Pinto
Senior Infrastructure Consultant
MVP Windows Server - Directory Services

LogicaCMG Nederland B.V. (BU RTINC Eindhoven)
(   Tel     : +31-(0)40-29.57.777
(   Mobile : +31-(0)6-26.26.62.80
*   E-mail : <see sender address>