> Does the application dictate what the directory can do?
> Or should the directory dictate what the application does?

But Exchange isn't the only app for the directory... Exchange is generally leveraging the NOS directory for E2K+ deployments, now if you got o a resource forest for Exchange, set it up for the app all day. :)

> Those are client-side applications, not Exchange.

True, but they need to be planned in the Exchange design as they have tremendous impact on it. Recently I heard of a group that treated BES as an office automation application, I was truly shocked, I never seen it treated as anything but core messaging.

--
O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition - http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm