To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] LDAP Directory Server Path

Thanks Joe and Al.

In all honesty, I'm far from a programmer and i wouldn't go so far as to say I'm an Active Directory expert like most on this list.

I'm going to pass your information to my developers who are working on a web app in .Net with the hopes of authenticating users against our AD. I've read some articles that indicate to create a username ( w/ domain admin rights ) and put that into the code to use for the authentication. Although I'm not a developer i just don't feel good about this approach.

Before i mentioned DMZ. My environment is relatively small and the web applications are sitting on a Windows 2000 server in a single hop DMZ environment.

any more information that could help me or the developers, who are at a stand-still, would be appreciated.

Thanks,