Good news is, if you look around on the Exchange team blog site, you'll find articles about Exchange 2007 on 64-bit Windows (it's not going to support a 32-bit OS) and basically the paged pool memory issue goes away completely (lots more room for that stuff when we're talking about 64-bit addressing).  Only problem with that is that you have to make sure that your spam filtering and antivirus software will support it.  Once you have your antivirus and spam support for Exchange 2007, I honestly can't think of a good reason to stick with Exchange 2000 or 2003 any more.