To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 2:48 PM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Managing Third-Party Users

ADFS, at this time, is able to consume SAML 1.1 tokens. It does not,
however, fully support either the SAML 1.1 or 2.0 specifications. ADFS does
not currently construct SAML 1.1 or 2.0 tokens, does not support the rest of
the SAML specifications and does not support consumption of SAML 2.0 tokens.

Having said that, I have been having many discussions with the ADFS product
group on this one for some time and would welcome any input from this list's
participants regarding their thoughts on the subject of whether or not SAML
support is important in ADFS. If you would prefer to e-mail me your thoughts
off-list, please feel free to do so. This is going to wreck my stealth-mode
perusal of this list, but you can send your thoughts to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and I will collect the feedback and pass it on to Don
Schmidt, with whom I've had a running dialog on this subject for some months
now.

With all that said, any opinions I express are mine and mine alone, do not
reflect the opinions of my employer, etc., yada, yada, yada. :-)

Thanks,

Laura