Yep, you need to manually create site links between sites to control what replication connections get created. For example create a site link between the HUB site and the site with slow bandwidth. This will only allow replications connection to be created with DCs in those two sites.

Thanks,

Anthony Scott

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rimmerman, Russ
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:52 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] AD Site replication settings/costs

It's a Windows 2000 native domain, we're about 4 upgrades from having all Win2k3 DCs and from what I've read, that should help a lot with replication.

Automatic site link bridging isnt enabled, and we have 0 site link bridges.

We're a worldwide company with 3 main hubs, but it is a mesh network in design (MPLS).

I guess i'm mainly confused because the DC at the slow bandwidth site in question only has one replication partner, yet we see connections to it from a large number of our DCs on a regular basis.  Is this normal?