Thanks Matt - that was the document I referenced in my original question
though.  I'm trying to achieve the steps via a scripted approach.

Thanks to all who have helped so far.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17 September 2006 21:05
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] VBScript Container Security

Try starting with this document...one ohe preferred methods is to create the
System container and manally assign permissions to it...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sms/smssp2/spsecurity/3df7a6e2-e173-4def-a81a-5bd90fbbf9d8.mspx?mfr=true

Matt Duguid
Systems Engineer for Identity Services
Department of Internal Affairs

Phone: +64 4 4748028 (wellington)
Mobile: +64 21 1713290
Fax: +64 4 4748894
Address: Level 4, 47 Boulcott Street, Wellington CBD
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.dia.govt.nz/

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           "Joe McNicholas"       |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>|
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           tivedir.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           15/09/2006 09:53 p.m.  |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           ActiveDir              |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->

  |        To:      <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
                                 |
  |        cc:
                                 |
  |        Subject: [ActiveDir] VBScript Container Security

I'm trying to create and secure the "LDAP://cn=System
Management,cn=System,dc=mydomain,dc=com" container, as required for SMS[1].

I'm able to create the container successfully, but haven't found any examples
of how to assign security to an OU or Container in the AD.  MS Script Centre
and a quick google have come up blank, can anyone point me to any examples?

Thanks
Joe

[1] Ref:
https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sms/smssp2/spsecurity/3df7a6e2-e173-4def-a81a-5bd90fbbf9d8.mspx?mfr=true