I prefer to keep them in seperate trees. In fact we are just doing that at
present...

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Alberto Oviedo
Sent: Thu 21/09/2006 17:50
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Assign User rights overs computers with AD

Thanks for your help. really useful.

Is it a good practice to move computer objects to OU where the user of the
computer resides?

On 9/20/06, Dave Wade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        Alberto,

           Even though we made our users "PowerUsers" we found that we needed
to make a number of "tweaks" to cater for poorly written applications. I think
we now have about a dozen settings for various ill-behaved applications. The
majority of these are to cater for applications that write to places on the "C"
drive (other than the windows folders, of course) where applications should not
write. We also refreshed permissions on the "all users" profile to make sure
users don't delete items from the "all users" desktop or start-menu.

        I guess the last thing to note is that we rolled the policy out in
manageable chunks of PCs, say 100 at a time, so if there were issues we could
cope with the service calls,

        Hope this is useful,
        Dave.