From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 10:31 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: Exchange in environment - reboot necessary after a
DC has been made a GC

A question came up wether or not a reboot is really necessary after a
DC has been made GC and Exchange would need to use this GC.

I have worked in a pretty large environment (at least to my standards :-
)). Where DC's did not get rebooted afther having been made GC's. The
AD admins simply waited until event 1119 appeared.

I have read the following article which indicates a reboot is necessary
if you have Exchange in the environment.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304403/

But is this really still necessary with Exchange 2003 SP2 and Windows
2003 SP1?

Cheers,

Victor