To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] ADFS and certs

Rick Kingslan wrote:
Joe, Tomasz -

Yep, you're right that it may tend to show a bad precedent for people to follow. I haven't taken a look at these particular labs (and having just come back from a long hiatus, I didn't see the referenced lab) but is the guidance there as to what Best or Preferred Practices SHOULD BE?

You can check this lab here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=062F7382-A82F-4428-9BBD-A103B9F27654&displaylang=en

No You will not find there any guidance on best practices there and maybe this is not the best place, but I'm not aware of any other ADFS related doc which deals in details with best practices and description of usage for certificates in ADFS deployment.

If not - I find that the bigger problem than the fact that self-certs are being used at all.

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl/ - (PL)