From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Matt Hargraves
Sent: Mon 2006-09-25 19:38
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] SID History.

Unfortunately that's not even close to what I was having issues with Joe.

I'm more concerned with how tokens are created and whether they will by default
query the old resource domains that haven't been migrated into the AD
environment.

Theoretical situtation:  I am a member of 50 groups in my user domain, I'm
accessing something in my user domain.  We have 150 trusted resource domains
where I have 6 group memberships in each through SID history.  Is the GC/DC
going to query all trusted domains for my memberships through SID history?
(resource domains are all NT4 domains)

I'm assuming that it's not going to, because of how the authentication path
works (resource server - user domain DC - user domain GC - resource server DC,
resource server), but everything I've seen never really talks about SID History
much.