Have you tried giving a test user traverse folder or other benign rights at the level where Outlook gets stuck?

Andrew Fidel

"Dan DeStefano" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

10/04/2006 09:01 PM

Please respond to
ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org

<ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
cc
Subject
[ActiveDir] Folder Redirection Problem

I am sorry if this is a repost, but I inadvertently deleted any responses:

I am having a weird problem with folder redirection. I have set the My Documents redirection to the subfolder of the root drive option and set the path to the homefolders directory (\\servername\homefolders$). This is supposed to redirect users my documents to \\servername\homefolders$\%username%\my documents and it does. The users log onto their PCs and open their My Documents folder fine – and looking at the properties of their my documents folder confirms that the redirection is working properly. The problem is that in certain applications, namely Outlook 2003 (all latest patches and SPs applied). When a user goes to save an attachment, for example, and clicks on my documents in the save dialog, they receive the error “cannot access \\servername\homefolders$, which makes sense since the users do not have access to the homefolders$ share, just to their subfolder. So Outlook, for some reason, is not drilling down into the users my documents in the home folder, but instead is trying to access the root of the homefolders$ share. In other Office apps, the my documents works fine. There are also no event log entries that reference this issue.

I am stuck here as I am unable to find any KB articles that discuss this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have not yet reinstalled Outlook because all other Office apps work fine. Office was deployed to the workstations via group policy using an AIP and MST transform.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan DeStefano
Info-lution Corporation

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.info-lution.com
Office: 727 546-9143
FAX: 727 541-5888

If you have received this message in error please notify the sender, disregard any content  and remove it from your possession.