Hey Noah,

To change the distinguished name, that is a special process called a rename. You don't update the attribute directly. You handle that through the -rename switch. If you are doing that and it isn't working, enable the -exterr switch and post the full error.

On the forum, yeah yeah... I posted an notificaion on the forum that I am currently having hundreds of spam userids being requested. I am trying to sort them out and grant the IDs for folks that I ascertain as real but it is tough. Just send me a separate email with your ID and I will activate it.

O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition - http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Noah Eiger
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 12:53 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Changing the distinguishedName with AdMod

Hi –

I was trying to use AdMod to change the distinguished name of one of our users. (A new tech entered the name incorrectly and email, etc has already started to flow to the account.) AdMod returns an error. Is this possible? What is the syntax I would use?

Thanks.

-- nme

P.S. Joe, I tried to register for the support forum at your site and never receive the confirmation email.