I didn’t read Harvey’s comment “ForestB DCs are physically landed at various Company A locations in pocket networks that can talk back” as something that already exists today.  I would have thought is part of his plan and that today there are no DCs from Company B in any of Company A locations.

So we’re using different assumptions in our discussion – Harvey, can you clarify?

Also note Jorge’s very valid comment on responsibility: the interims forest C has a clear hand-over of responsibility of the BU being divested.

/Guido

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Mulnick
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 3:12 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Forest trust & divestitures

Agreed that the risk is there.  Good idea to spell it out, but I got the sense that much gnashing of teeth was already had over the decision to create a one-way trust or not.

And because the dc's already share a network (even though firewalled from time to time) I'm not seeing how the forest C topology helps to mitigate the risk you describe? They'll still have possession of a DC from a previously trusted (and therefore suspect) forest. No difference there. Unless Forest A keeps control of the "demilitarized" forest C. But then how does Forest B learn to trust them? :)

In any event, I see a double migration without much mitigation of risk nor benefit. I'm guessing I'm missing something in the description of the problem else not asking the right question(s).

I'm curious if that's the case?

If so, is there more information to be aware of in this scenario that can be shared?