-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael B Allen
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 6:05 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Attribute for Name Component of userPrincipalName?

Does anyone know of an object class that defines an attribute like
userPrincipalName but just the name component and not the realm?

For example, if an object had a userPrincipalName of
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' the desired attribute would be guaranteed to be
'Managers'.

I'm caching group objectSids in a temporary in-memory DIT. The entries
need unique DNs but I don't know the real DNs. All I have is the
userPrincipalName so I was thinking I could just derive a DN from the
userPrincipalName like:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] -> FOO=Managers,DC=example,DC=com

Right now it doesn't really matter if this is truely conformant or not,
I'm just thinking about forward compatibility.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael B Allen