From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric Fleischman
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 10:54 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Cleanup of NETLOGON.LOGs

Turn logging down to 0.

I would note that there is no notion of log generations, so your worst case here is 2* log size (where log size defaults to 10MB), so worst case it should only be 20MB, and deleting the archive is of course trivial.

More generally, we do reserve the right to write to this log & recreate it as needed as sometimes there are things we need to log so you can figure out what went wrong should something turn south. So even a log level of 0 does not guarantee no logging, it just means “not much logging” you could say.

~Eric