Hi,

I was working on a webpart for SharePoint to allow users keep up to date their info in AD, I just found out that there is already a free one.

www.orgfinder.com

They have an asp application and a webpart.

The application is working fine but the webpart is not working.
The app pool identity for the asp application is a user that I have created, as I said this is working great.
But the SharePoint is using a different app pool with identity network services and of course does not have rights to update AD info.

What would be the best way to fix this? changing the identity in the SharePoint app pool requires several step because it will brake connection to the content and configuration DB.

Is there other way? does anyone knows if it is possible to use another app pool for just one webpart...I doubt it but I though I would be worthy to ask.

Thanks