ah yes, very true...

>>>In Longhorn, once Domain Functional Level is reached (i.e. all DCs in a
>>>domain run Longhorn Server and the switch to DFL 3 has been made), the DCs
>>>will switch to leveraging the >>>new DFSR replication mechanism (which is
>>>basically what was made available with Win2003 R2). This is a very efficient
>>>for replicating files as it only replicates the actual changes - >>>incl.
>>>ACEs.

the changes only are due to RDC (Remote Differencial Compression)....
read more here:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/f9b98a0f-c1ae-4a9f-9724-80c679596e6b1033.mspx?mfr=true
search for : "Remote Differential Compression details"

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,
Ing. Jorge de Almeida Pinto
Senior Infrastructure Consultant
MVP Windows Server - Directory Services

LogicaCMG Nederland B.V. (BU RTINC Eindhoven)
(   Tel     : +31-(0)40-29.57.777
(   Mobile : +31-(0)6-26.26.62.80
*   E-mail : <see sender address>