Hi all,

I’m using the following script to find a user which works fine so long as the CN value doesn’t contain a character with an accent, in the example below I’ve used Léo Apotheker, unfortunately the letter é produces an ‘Object not found error’. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? Is the problem with _vbscript_ or AD?

Many thanks

Steven

Set dso = GetObject("LDAP:")

Set objUser = dso.OpenDSObject( _

"LDAP://APHRODITE/CN=Léo Apotheker,OU=Staff,DC=Domain,DC=Com", _

"Domain\User", _

"password", _

ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION + ADS_SERVER_BIND)

objUser.AllowLogon = Disabled

objUser.SetInfo

This email is from Oldham Sixth Form College, but expresses the views
of the sender and not necessarily the views of the college. The email
and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the intended
recipient at the e-mail address to which it has been addressed. It may
not be disclosed or used by any other than that addressee, nor may it
be copied in any way. If received in error, please notify
[EMAIL PROTECTED] quoting the name of the sender.

This message has been scanned for viruses by F-Secure Anti-Virus.

Please note that we cannot accept any responsibility for any
transmitted viruses. It is, therefore, your responsibility to scan
attachments (if any).