  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Darren Mar-Elia
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 4:23 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Timeout period on object moves?

I moved a computer account from OU A to OU B, then fired up gpupdate on that
computer. Sure enough, it found the new OU and calculated GP accordingly.
Then I moved it back to OU A. On this final move, after issuing both a
gpupdate and gpupdate /force, the workstation failed to find its new OU. I
could see in userenv.log that it was still referring to its DN at the OU B
location. Strangely, sometime after that, on a background refresh of GP, the
new OU (A) was seen.

  _____