From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:48:05
To:<ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] how to access blocked site.

Hey, it *could* be an office in "China" :)

In any case, I think you're fighting a losing battle protecting yourself by
attempting to control or expecting good behavior from others-- others being
defined as people who don't work for/with you. They will always find the
information or the means elsewhere if you don't help them. I'm familiar with
the notion that the traditional DMZ firewall is going the way of the dodo,
but reality is that it is still the main way we protect ourselves from
*external* behavior. There's no doubt that internal behavior has become more
risky, hence the need for islands of isolation internally, but I still think
the reality of someone else's *external* behavior somehow affecting all of
us (in the absence of our own stupid behavior, that is) is the exception
rather than the rule. In any case, I approach security based on the fact
that I can only control what I have control of, and everyone else is
implicitly evil (strictly from a security perspective, of course :-)).

Darren