in your case I would suggest an UPGRADE of the domain to w2k3 AD instead of a
migration to a NEW forest....

high-level steps are
* use the W2K3 SP1 CD!
* update schema (only needed to introduce w2k3 DCs, not needed for w2k3 member
servers)
* introduce w2k3 DCs
* move stuff over from w2k DCs to w2k3 DCs
* demote and decommission W2K DCs

also see for additional information:
http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2005/11/19/What-information-is-available-when-UPGRADING-from-W2K_2F00_E2K-to-W2K3-_2800_R2_29002F00_E2K3_3F00_.aspx

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,
Ing. Jorge de Almeida Pinto
Senior Infrastructure Consultant
MVP Windows Server - Directory Services

LogicaCMG Nederland B.V. (BU RTINC Eindhoven)
(   Tel     : +31-(0)40-29.57.777
(   Mobile : +31-(0)6-26.26.62.80
*   E-mail : <see sender address>