To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:58 PM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Cross-Forest Kerberos Delegation

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your comments. Certainly using Basic is easier, and this is mostly
what they are doing at the moment. I say mostly because I wasn't entirely
upfront about the "web server" component in my original diagram. That is
actually several dozen different web applications - some of which do not have
an option to use Basic (either technical limitation -or- a security
standard). The aim of the project is to (a) see if transparent logons can be
made available to users (i.e. via IWA challenges) and (b) see if SSO can be
enabled (so users do not need to authenticate to different applications
behind the proxy) and (c) get away from Basic Auth. So I'm going to have to
keep looking at Kerberos related solutions :-)

Cheers
Ken

--
My Blog: www.adOpenStatic.com/cs/blogs/ken