Hello Dhiraj,

it's always a kind of risk to put something into production without testing
- even with good guidance there might be small issues which may lead to big
results.

That said - implementing a new Policy Extension in GP is pretty easy. First,
copy the ADM to the ADM-Files in the Group Policy Object in Sysvol. They are
referenced by GUID ({xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx}) there - you are able to find out the
GUID of your GPO using GPMC. After you copied the ADM-File there, open the
Group Policy. For custom ADMs you have to adjust the Filter (in the View
Menu of the GP-Object Editor): Select the Administrative Template Node
underneath either User or Computer Configuration (prop. Computer in your
case), then go into the View Menu and click "Filter". Unselect "Only show
policy settings that can be fully managed".
Afterwards you should be able to find your policy setting and you are able
to configure it.

I'd do this in a separate GPO for testing, and remove the Right (in
Security, make sure that you remove the right and do _not_ deny it) of
Authenticated Users to apply the policy. Afterward enter your own
computeraccount and give him the right to apply the policy - just to make
sure that you are testing it before. If it works on your computer you can
reset the rights be allowing Authenticated Users to apply it again and
remove your computer account from the security settings. Now they will apply
to all computer accounts underneath the level (domain, OU, site) where you
linked the GPO.

Gruesse - Sincerely,

Ulf B. Simon-Weidner

  Profile &