API's

> Hi James,
>
>  I am working on openwire-cpp ( for ActiveMQ-4.0) code on SuSe(Linux
>  machine->i686-suse-linux, version 2.6.13-15.8-default), in C++ .
>
> >> Is it possible to send & receive over the same queue in ActiveMQ?,
>
> > Yes
>
> >>  If yes pls give me the idea about this.
>
> > You just need to have a producer and consumer on the queue
>
>  I have a separate sender and receiver and I want to make them
communicate
> bi-directionally. Can this happen on the same single queue?
> Can this all be done using a single queue on each side.

You need to create a Producer and Consumer in both the sender and
receiver that are subscribed to the same queue.  Then you should be
golden.

So in pseudo code you'd have this in both

Queue x("mytopic")
MessageProducer y( x )
MessageConsumer z( x )

It would look like this

for sender to receiver
Sender->senderproduer->receiverconsumer->receiver

for receiver back to send
Receiver->receiverproducer->senderconsumer->sender

Makes Sense?