I get the following error when running the latest snapshot of AMQ 4.0.2:-

ACTIVEMQ_HOME: .
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springframework.beans.factory.Bea
nDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with name
'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' def
ined in class path resource [activemq.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder
'activemq.home'
ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error
registering
bean with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' defined in
class path resource [activemq.xml]: C
ould not resolve placeholder 'activemq.home'

The error disappears if I comment out the following line in
conf\activemq.xml:-
<bean
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

System: Windows 2003 Server
J2SE 1.5.0_06