Ah.. I just did a source build of cppunit and I see what's happening.
The default prefix for cppunit is /usr/local, so it m4 file got
installed to /usr/local/share/aclocal which is not picked up
automatically.  If we configure cppunit with

./configure --prefix=/usr

Then everything should work better out of the box.  Including when we
configure activemq-cpp as now I have to use:

./configure --with-cppunit-prefix=/usr/local

To let it know where cppunit is at (that's if I want to run the unit tests).

On 10/3/06, Bish, Tim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > AC_DEFUN is line 17
> >
> > dnl AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT([MINIMUM-VERSION, [ACTION-IF-FOUND [,
> > ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND ]]])
> > dnl Test for libmcrypt, and define LIBMCRYPT_CFLAGS and
LIBMCRYPT_LIBS
> > dnl
> > AC_DEFUN(AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT,
>
> Change this line to:
> AC_DEFUN([AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT],

K, that got rid of that warning.

> doh..  I may need to look into this some more.  Basically what you
> want to do is installed the cppunit.m4 file to either the
> activemq-cpp/m4 directory or the /usr/share/aclocal
> Once it's there it should get picked up and be good to go.  But I
> would have thought that if you built cppunit from source it would have
> installed the m4 file to the right place.
>
> We should look into seeing if that .m4 file can be redistributed so
> that we can just check it into our m4 directory.  I've got a feeling
> that it can be redistributed since it just gets sourced into the
> configure script when you run autogen.sh

I put cppunit.m4 in my activemq-cpp m4 folder and its building now.  I
may just move that over the /usr/shar/alcohol as it should be there
anyway.

--
Regards,
Hiram